Rob has had a 1997 Ford Expedition for a long time. It has about 200,000 miles on it. It has been a great vehicle! But it was time for a new vehicle and he was on the lookout for one. He really wanted a King Ranch one and those are really hard to find it seems. And he wanted at least a 2008 or newer because that is when the style changed. One day Rob found a 2008 King Ranch Expedition on cars.com. It was being sold by a small dealership in Chelsea, Alabama (near Birmingham, AL) called the Linda Pierce, Inc. dealership. I called and made all the arrangements and we set up to meet Mr. John Pierce at the Columbiana, AL McDonalds the next night at 8 pm. Mr. Pierce was great! We both just liked him so much. Rob drove the car and liked it and then we gave a deposit contingent on our Montgomery mechanics checking the car out.
Mr. Pierce showing Rob how everything in the vehicle works. He was such a nice, decent man.
I'm glad I brought my camera. I just had a feeling this was going to be "the car" he would buy.
Rob getting out of the Expedition. I knew he had decided to get it by his body language.
Mr. Pierce and his son-in-law drove the Expedition down to Montgomery so that Mr. Woodham could take a look at it to make sure it was in great condition.
Going up on the racks...
Discussing the car before they gave us the report...
A meeting of the minds: Mr. Pierce, Robert and Mr. Woodham's son.
At this point Rob has gotten the good report and he's gonna have a new vehicle. He's thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of money. Do we need a new car really?"

Sounds like ya'll drive cars like we do.. Adam's car has over 200,000 miles and mine has over 100,000. I'm getting nervous because I know we're going on borrowed time but my budget isn't ready for a new one! Congrats on the new one! Ya'll earned it!
ReplyDelete