CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Greatest Friends Help Me Celebrate My Birthday


I love the line from the movie It's a Wonderful Life "No man is a failure who has friends."  And I have been blessed beyond comprehension with some of the best most dearest friends that a person could ever have.  In fact, I can get teary-eyed just thinking about it.

First, there's Matilda.  She's simply the best.  When I was battling my cancer and in the hospital that wonderful woman who I love with all my being would come and spend the night in my hospital room on a cot or a chair and then get up and go to work the next morning.  I will never ever forget that as long as I live.  I wish I was better at putting things into words so that I could state just how awesome she is.  She is always doing wonderful things for everyone.  She is like God's little ambassador here on earth.  I am always telling her she is building her mansion bigger and bigger in heaven.  She has the most amazing heart.   She has always been there for me and I can and have talked to her for hours upon hours.   I have learned so much from her.  Wow, the wisdom she has is such a treasure.  But, mostly, I just love her for being her.  I just have so much fun talking to her, being with her and learning from her.   I owe her so much in every way and I hope she will take repayment in love, because I will love her always!

I had mentioned that we were having printer problems and Matilda walked in the door with this wonderful new Kodak wireless printer for my birthday.  I love love love it!  It always prints and does just what you ask it to do.   Matilda would not let me take a picture of her so that is why there is only a picture of the printer with no friend beside it :-)






Next, there's Jan.   I have known Jan since 1993, almost 20 years, when we began working together.  I instantly liked her.  She is just so cool.  She is so fun.  I love talking to her and spending time with her.  She is a very private person who loves and adores her children.  I can't imagine my life without my Jan.   I just love to pick up the phone and hear her voice on the other end.  She has been there for me more time than I can count and it means so much to me.  And the fun times and adventures we have had and I hope there are many more to come!  I just love my friend Jan!

Jan brought Bodhi these adorable long-johns for Christmas and me an adorable lamb for our garden.  I was so touched.  I love that birthday gift more than I put into words.  I just love lambs.  I always have.  I think that is one of the reasons I named my blog what I did.  I love the analogy of Jesus as the lamb of God.  






Bodhi is sad to see Aunt Janice leave...

Come back soon, Aunt Jan...




And, last but not least, are Holly and Peggy Sue.  I know you can't see it in these pictures but they actually have wings on their shoulders.  They are angels of love and mercy and I adore them.   I met Holly many years ago at Troy University and we were even college roommates.  I just love her and her sweet Mama.  I have never had any encounter with them that I didn't smile constantly and feel true joy and "an incredible lightness of being."  They mean the world to me.  They will never know it but when they visited me at the hospital during those awful dark days my soul inside me would literally leap for joy to see them.  They brought so much light to me those days.  I will never forget it.  Oh, how I love them!   Wow, I know I don't deserve these wonderful friends I have but I am sooooooooo incredibly thankful to God for them.  I look forward to making many more memories with them in the future. 


Yeah, birthday cake!

A waffle making basket!   Isn't that the best?!  Rob and I were so excited!


I've always wanted a waffle maker!  Can you tell how excited I was to get this from my beloved buds?!!


Wow, this birthday cake from Publix was so delicious!



Thank you to all my friends and family who made this birthday so memorable and special for me!  And thank you to the Lord above for giving me the greatest gift of all - another birthday!  I love you, Father.  

No comments:

Post a Comment